Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rio Grande en Patagonia

All Photos by Arnold
View of the Tres Monjas (three nuns)

This winter I had the opportunity to fulfill a dream of mine since I started kayaking. I traveled with a group of friends to Chile for a trip of a lifetime. The highlight of the trip was the Futaleufu River. Getting to the Futa was a long and involved process it involved 2 buses, an overnight ferry, and quite possibly the most unique "shuttle" ever. It was totally worth it though. Set among the beautiful scenery of Patagonia with the delicious asados, great friends, and world class kayaking; the days spent at the Futa were some of the best days of my life. This is a place that I hope to return to again and again. They say "a picture is worth a thousand words" so here you go!



Putting in on the Rio Azul for a little warm up before we reach the "Big River"



Futa Scenery


Alex Zendall and Logan James "Asleep at the Wheel"


Sean Cash and Matt Wallace Crash and Burn


Matt Wallace "Asleep at the Wheel"



Sean Cash Cruising


Matt Wallace typical Futa Rapids


Sarah, Logan, and others Cruising


Carlos and Jason in some Wave trains




Logan James at Pillow

Matt Wallace on the Futa

Breathtaking



Jason Charging Mundaka




Logan James Full Steam Ahead




Matt Wallace



Not the preferred method for running Conswella



Uh Oh!





The Crew Surfing at a play hole





Cruising to the Take out



The Take Out




Man there are alot of Snap Dragon Skirts.
Way to ruin the picture and take yours off Matt!







1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is amazing. I wish I could've been there to see those blue waters. The pictures are pristine; I think one just might make it onto my desktop!

Un brindis por Matt Wallace, un buen amigo.