Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Mexican 7 Rivers Expedition : The Second Canyon Rio Verde

Myself, Brandon, and Alex departed Chattanooga, TN, early Thanksgiving morning for Mexico. In Mexico, we planned to meet up with Adam, Leigh, Jordan, and Jon for 10 days of paddling. Adam and I started planning this trip on our way back from Colorado this summer. Adam had 3 weeks to paddle all of the goods Mexico had to offer. I only had 10 days, so I arrived in Mexico ready to charge as hard as I could for 10 days. I want to thank Alex, Adam, Jon, Leigh, and Brandon for all the pics and video.

My favorite run on the trip was the Second Canyon of the Rio Verde. Adam had done this run before. Seeing his pictures and hering his tales it was at the top of my list. After we had left, Adam, Jordan, and Pollo paddled the First Canyon. After hearing their stories, I will be back to paddle it. But back to the Second Canyon. This canyon had it all: Class V drops, this weird slotty section we only got video of, Mexican flatwater, and a big falls in the heart of the run.





The Valley

This drop only me and Jordan ran.
This is Jordan showing how to properly run the drop.
This is me showing how not to run it. hahaha




In the heart of the Run was a big falls. Me and Jordan elected to fire it up. It had a trickey entrance, which forced me into a micro eddy at the lip of the drop. Very tense situation.
Here I am Firing it up.





This is Jordan Tucked up tight

This Run was full of fun little boofs and drops. Here is Leigh getting her boof on.




Here is another fun rapid that we ran it had 2 different lines. Me and Adam ran the Left line, while Jon and Jordan ran the center boof.



Me on the Left



Jordan Center Boof


Stay tuned for the "Misadventures of Dwayne and Rickey...."

No comments: